General Plan Advisory Group (GPAG)
The General Plan Advisory Group (GPAG) has been formed, with members representing a range of community interests. The GPAG will advise City staff and the project team during the development of the General Plan and related Zoning Code amendments. Members include representatives from a variety of organizations and perspectives, such as neighborhood groups, business groups, advocacy groups, and local organizations, as well as residents representing a range of perspectives, including youth and seniors.
Role of the General Plan Advisory Group
The GPAC's role is to connect with people throughout Santa Fe Springs and to represent varied community interests as they advise and make recommendations to the Planning Commission and City Council. The GPAG will be active participants in the planning process at each stage, from visioning through adoption.
All GPAG meetings are open to the public and will allow for public input.
- Introduction and Identifying Opportunities and Constraints
- Housing Opportunity Sites
- Transportation Community Needs Assessment
- Land Use and Transportation Alternatives
- Element Big Ideas and Goal and Policies
- Draft General Plan Update Document Review
The General Plan Advisory Group (GPAG) is holding its first meeting on July 8, 2020, from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm. The meeting will be held on Zoom (video conferencing) and the public is invited to attend.
City staff, consultants, and the GPAG will discuss the following:
- Welcome and Introductions
- Overview: What is a General Plan?
- General Plan Project Schedule
- GPAG Role and Charge
- Discussion: Assets, Challenges, and Opportunities
Wednesday, August 26, 2020; 5:00pm - 7:00pm
The General Plan Advisory Group (GPAG) is holding its second meeting on August 26, 2020, from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm. The meeting will be held on Zoom (video conferencing) and the public is invited to attend.